The tricks of any trade are constantly evolving, and it’s good to keep abreast of the advancements and innovations. Here are 10 top tips to sharpen your sales skills.
- Adopt a people-first approach – Make it clear you value customer needs first by asking questions that show you care. People can make genuine vs ingenuine interest very easily.
- What times of the year are you targetting – What times of the year are your customers shopping the most? Plan your sales and deals accordingly. Plan innovative deals for the off-season.
- Reward your loyal customers – Keep track of the customers who keep coming back. Loyalty benefits or special offers to your best customers will show them how much you appreciate their business.
- Always give value-adds – Offer extra value at checkout to show customers that you are thinking about them always. You may be introducing them to a helpful product they didn’t know about.
- Digital – Your customers spend a lot of their time online. Outside the box thinking with email promotions and social media ads to get them to your site and to engage their interest will go a long way.
- Be engaging with customers – Use innovative ideas to keep customers interested when they are in the store or on your site. Take the time to show your customers that you want to get to know them.
- Be willing to accommodate change – Make innovation a priority. Avoid getting stuck in the motions and in routines. Be open to new ideas.
- Treat customers with respect – Patrons likes and dislikes will govern what they go for, it will never be a one-size-fits-all. Understand each customer individually and be equipped to make the right recommendations.
- Always covey value over price – Understand your business and products thoroughly. Inculcate in-depth understanding of the practical application of the individual benefits of each product. Be the expert your customers can rely on.
- Be genuine – Think about your intentions and understand your customer’s needs. Don’t rush the exchange just to make the sale.
Change doesn’t happen overnight, but practice makes perfect. Putting your best foot forward patiently with good intentions will get you there.
Last modified: July 25, 2018